In March, 1945 the Chancery announced that a parish was to be established in the area of Mound and 13 Mile Roads. The assignment was given to Fr. Frank Walsh, and the new parish was named in honor of St. Anne, the Mother of our Blessed Lady.
Born in Detroit on September 18, 1902, Fr. Walsh attended St. Vincent de Paul Grade School and High School, Detroit. He was ordained June 8, 1930 after attending the University of Detroit and St. Mary’s Seminary in Cincinnati, Ohio. After ordination he served as Associate Pastor at SS Peter and Paul Church, formerly known as Old Cathedral, St. Matthew, Epiphany, and Assumption Grotto, all in Detroit.
Golf was Fr. Walsh’s favorite sport, although he played on Class “A” baseball and Class “A” sandlot teams. He was a member of Seniors Golf.
Fr. Walsh retired in 1970 and died September 19, 1978, on day after his birthday, at the age of 76.